Thursday, March 4, 2010

Buffet? Buffooled?

The other day we met up with the Gamache clan at The Great Wall Super Buffet.

If you know me well, you know my concerns about germs and uh...the buffet falls into that concerned category. Big time.

But this place is new. And we were the only people eating dinner at 5pm so I hoped it was safe. (Less people = less need to be concerned about sneeze guards...you know what I'm saying...)

Luckily I had my small camera in the diaper bag so I decided to take some shots of this experience.

I mean, isn't there a "first time at buffet" page in the baby book? We've now got that page covered...

PT, Concerned Kate, and Loving-Life Sydney
See, Sydney has been on a liquid diet for the last two weeks while her throat healed from surgery. She was one h-a-p-p-y camper at the buffet!

Sydney was given a gift when they brought the check...and she was very serious about her soldier...Kate thought it was hilarious...

Oh, how generous...the they also thought Kate needed a gift. Um, thanks guys. We, uh, love our soldier...



If you're interested, here's my review of the Great Wall Super Buffet --

I say don't do it. Sure, it was clean, the staff was friendly, and the food was mediocre.

But good gravy - they charge you 12 bucks a person and will charge you for a drink on top of that. So not worth it.

If you feel lured in by it's majesty and wonder and 40 foot facade on Preston Road, fine, go try it once.

But do your stomach and your wallet a favor and just go to Panda Express or Pei Wei...although you will be going home without a soldier, so really it's up to you...

No comments: