Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Crescent Roll Ups


We went to a fun play date this summer with Audrey's baby BFF, Lucy, and her big sister, Lainey.  Mrs Jaime made us a tasty lunch that everyone scarfed so I knew I'd need to make it at our house!

I've made them twice and they were a hit each time.  Here's what I did this week...

I preheated the oven to 350 degrees and greased the pan.

I went ahead and precooked bacon in the microwave until it was nice and crispy.

I unfolded the crescent rolls and added a pinch (or two) of shredded cheddar cheese to each one.  After I chopped the bacon I added that to a few of them along with a slice of turkey.



I folded up the crescent rolls as best I could...(side note: I was clearly not paying attention to how Jaime rolled them, but my did NOT look pretty).
I added a bit more cheese to the top of the ones that had bacon and turkey inside so that I could differentiate from the ones that I was giving to the girls.  



I baked them for (insert minutes here...I wasn't fully paying attention). However long it was, I took them out when they turned a beautiful golden brown.


Two iPhone pics...my apologizes for the poor quality, but wow. those. were. tasty!



Crescent Roll Ups

2 cans of crescent rolls
shredded cheddar (generous pinch)
bacon (obviously not optional, why would you ever not put bacon in something?)
thinly sliced turkey (1 per roll, if desired)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease pan/cookie sheet. 

Precook bacon until it's nice and crispy. Chop and set aside.

Unfolded the crescent rolls and added a pinch (or two) of shredded cheddar cheese to each one.  Add bacon and a slice of turkey to crescent rolls. Bake, following directions on container.

Let cool, enjoy, and thank me later... (or thank Jaime for the idea).

No comments: