Monday, September 14, 2009

Go Aztecs!

This weekend San Diego State University recognized their 1969 football team during halftime at the season opener. Since Dad was a part of that team we decided to go too!


The 11-0 crew!


Tom Deckert, #22
(first picture, second row)

Supporting the Aztecs in red and black!

Dad retelling stories with some of his old football buddies

You may notice Carl Weathers, standing next to Dad

Of course we needed Phil and Kate to get their pic w/him too

Wrapping up at the Legacy Tailgate

All settled in our seats for the game

Kate was so happy to be hanging with Grandpa

(I apologize for not getting a tan this summer)

Signing shirts...

Then all of the players went onto the field to be honored for the record breaking 11-0 season!


Kate and I watched all of the excitement!

Dad's coach, Don Coryell came out onto the field

Dad and Coach Coryell shaking hands


Kate stayed up and enjoyed the whole thing!

I'll post more pics from our whirlwind weekend later, but wanted to get all the football pictures up first!

Congrats, Dad! It was great to be there with you!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good times! Big congrats to Tom and his team buds/ Carl Weathers! Coach Don Coryell!! 11-0, well done Tom.... LT

Katie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Kate is adorable as usual and I love that you're as white as I am! Who has time for sunbathing?!?!

Rob and Amy said...

Um yes- she is ADORABLE in these pictures!! Look at her toofers!!!!

Congrats to your dad!!!

Karin said...

What a fun weekend! Kate is precious - love that little one's smile.
And, way to go Tom Taylor!

Lauren, Sydney & Logan said...

You were right. Kate DOES look freaking adorable.