Tuesday night we attempted to go out and explore some of the city. The concierge, who recognizes us by name (I love this place), recommended we check out Jumbo Seafood at Clark Quay.
We got there and this place was PACKED! It's got to be good, right?
After an appetizer of fried prawns, Phil ordered red Tilapia and I ordered lobster (mainly because these were the few things we recognized on the menu!).
Phil's came out and it looked like this...
That's right...the entire thing is fried, so it comes out with it's mouth open, staring at you! It was a bit startling at first, but tasty.
While I ate the hostess came by and silently checked on us a few times. She finally interrupted and asked if I'd prefer a fork. I politely declined and struggled through the rest of the meal with chopsticks, in an attempt to broaden my horizons.
Here's what that looked like...not pretty! To top it all off, our bill was printed in Chinese!
No comments:
Post a Comment